The commissioning and the sending of the disciples of Jesus, sets the authority and the framework of all disciples thereafter who go out in His Name as He commands; “GO YE therefore and TEACH all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and lo! I am with you always even to the end of the world; Amen” (Matthew 28: 19-20).
It is in conformity and in the emphasis on the “GOING OUT” that PCEA Kasarani, like any other Presbyterian Church of East Africa Congregation has the Evangelism Department.The above command is evidenced by the words of St. Paul to the Romans; “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? How shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach except they be sent? As it is written: How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the Gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things” (Romans 10: 13-15).
The Evangelism Department (Nendeni Board) is the outreaching arm of the Church both in its evangelistic emphasis through and beyond congregational jurisdiction. At PCEA Kasarani Church, the
Evangelism Department has FIVE Arms namely:
1. Praise and Worship Team: This is the arm of the Evangelism Team which ensures that Praise and Worship is well facilitated within the Church Services and also during outreach activities such as crusades, conventions an mission. Currently there over 20 members in the Praise and Worship Team
2. Discipleship Team: This is the arm of the Evangelism Team which facilitates New Believers Classes and Fellowships. The Discipleship Team ensures that New Coverts and Believers are taken through a series of teachings which is aimed at strengthening their faith and building their foundation in the new faith.
3. Ushering Team: The Ushering Team is composed of thoroughly trained individuals who helps in ushering the church members into the church services, or any other outreach ministry. The Ushering Team also takes care and orients all the New Church Members. Currently there are 30 members in the ushering team who have been trained
4. Intercessory Team: This is the Team which intercedes and stands on the gap for the whole church.
5. Hospitality Team: This is the team which takes care of all the hospitality needs of the church.
The following are the major activities planned for 2016
1. Revival Weeks
2. Kigocho (Praise and Worship) Sunday
4. In Reach Ministry
5. Members Seminar
6. Prayer Retreat
7. Discipleship Classes
Office Bearers (2015/2016):
Patron: Elder Julius Theuri
Chairman: Mr. Samuel Kirichu
Secretary: Mr. Ezekiel Kaguamba
Treasurer: Mr. Charles Kiarie
Vice Chairperson: Mrs. SeliphaWachiuri
Vice Secretary: Mr. Antony Njogu
Praise and Worship Leaders: Mr. Francis Kogi and Miss. Esther Karonji
Discipleship Coordinators: Mr. Stephen Ngari and Mrs. Martha Ndungu
Ushering Team Leaders: Mr. Peter Maina and Miss Jane Gathigia
Intercessory Team Leaders: Mrs. Susan Njoroge and Mrs. Rosemary Karonji
Hospitality Team Leaders: Mrs. Leah Mugo, Mrs. Jerioth Mwangi and Mrs. Ruth Nduhiu
|Intercessory Prayers||Friday||6.00 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.||Prayer Room|
|Sunday||6.00 a.m. – 7.00 a.m.||Main Sanctuary/Church|
|Praise and Worship Practice||Thursday||6.00 p.m. – 8.30 p.m||Main Sanctuary/Church|
|Saturday||6.00 p.m. – 8.30 p.m.||Main Sanctuary/Church|